Thursday, May 7, 2009

Creative Blog

            When I first went to Djibouti, the landing for my airplane looked more like a farmer’s field than an airport, but when I was greeted, my thoughts about the foreign country completely changed. Everyone was so helpful, happy, and even though they were very poor compared to the average American, they lived like they were the richest people on earth. They were just so happy to be there, and even though I can’t really understand what they are saying, they were still happy to have me here, and were very helpful.

            As I went into Djibouti, Djibouti (the city), it felt as if a foreigner could see it from two angels, a paradise, or a land of poverty. It was poverty mainly because there was no new technology, there were people on the streets, very poor, and begging for food. On the other hand, everyone was happy, they shared with one another, and it just gave you a great feeling that there still were people, not only that but a whole community, who helped other people just to help other people.

            When got to the shore of Djibouti, it was one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen. It was in between the Red Sea and the Gulf of Oman, and it was a sight to see. I got to swim in the salty waters, and it was at least double the experience I felt at either the Atlantic or the Pacific shore. The water was worm and inviting, the people were welcome and we all had a great time.

            Even though the name, ‘Djibouti,’ doesn’t sound very attractive, it is one of the best experiences anyone can get in their lives. If you have a chance to visit this wonderland, don’t pass for something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment